Monday, February 1, 2010

re formatting my brain again

Did you ever think about why we use the keyboard set up that we do?  It was formulated with the original manual typewriters as a way to slow people down and keep the keys from tangling. 
It takes a whole lot of dexterity to learn the system and get any speed at all.    I just converted my keyboard to Dvorak and am relearning the new keys.  My brain is twisted into a shape like a yarn skein. Even so I am typing faster and more accurately than I did at first  with the old one.   If you are wondering why on earth I would put myself through this,  It is because this kind of  work helps keep your brain flexible and able to learn new things more easily.  Meantime, typing is s-l-o-w.  There was an unbelievable  amount of cat hair reveiled  when I popped the keys to re-arrange them.  middle line a o e u i s n t h d

No comments: