Thursday, February 4, 2010

brain rewire in progress, aoeui

I went down to visit my parents, mostly my dad because I see mom much more regularly.  I told him about the blog and suggested that it would save some catchup time if he read  up on it first.   The first thing he wanted to know was how relearning the keyboard was going. 
To be truthful, it's going slow. 
Bless him, he understood very well  why I would embark on something  that so seriously challenges  a well developed groove in my brain, to say nothing of inconvenincing myself. 
This is good. It is hard to explain the attraction when most people have never even tried brushing their teeth with their non dominant hand.
You see, it changes how you think and opens new pathways in your brain.  I like keeping my options open.  Having to struggle to do this helps keep me humble.  It helps me be patient with people learning new things, especially things I find easy.
Rewriting a brain path  takes time.  It takes persistance.  In the end it does pay off in strength and flexibility.
Meantime here I sit.
aoeui snthd aoeui snthd aoeui snthd  ',.pylrcgf ',.py lrcgf   phooo.

No comments: