Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letters From Aunt Ruth

Dear Aunt Ruth,
It has been five years since your passing.   I still think of you daily and send a little prayer your direction.
The Boys are grown mostly, and James is a certified chef.  Chris had some hard times and is still working away at getting his degree.
I spent a lot of time this year catagorizing your letters to me and mom and dad so of course I spent more time reading them than the task at hand.  Which was to put them into page protectors in order from 1976 to 2004 when you penned your last Christmas card before the stroke felled you.  Time has not dimmed their sparkle, and I must tell you how much I gained from that regular  correspondence.
I learned to write really well from you, and I thank you daily.  I gained the habit of observing and filing away small pictures and adventures to describe to you and make you laugh. 
That brings me to a sort of ongoing endeavor that you would love.
 I now have a Blog where I try to do the same sort of writing.  I will be show casing your letters there every so often.  Thought you would like to know.
Give my love to uncle Bill and uncle Jim,
Love, Cathy  (click on the pages to embiggen them)

No comments: