Saturday, February 20, 2010

my bad

The Footless Man had a minor insulin shock way early in the morning.  I got up after feeding him glucose and waited until he was alert enough to tell him that he should check his blood sugar.  I was irritable and the exchange wasn't nice. He responded with a particularly nasty mock and I dumped half a cup of water on his head.  I have never done anything like that before and I am kind of shocked.  I could go all self righteous and talk about how he went and tried my patience and deserved the bath, however I think I won't go there.  Nor am I going to beat myself up  and make this some terrible thing I did.  I don't quite know what the hell to think, except that I am not a nice person when asked to deal with emergencies at 5 am and I lapsed temporarily into bad behavior.

No comments: