Monday, March 8, 2010

well.

Last Friday at 5 in the morning I hopped into Edith to head across town to my two day a week job as a companion, to find that there was no juice. None at all, not even enough to turn the dashboard lights on.  Sunday then I fished out the battery, hauled it to Walmart, and made distressed noises at the customer service desk.  The upshot of all this is that Walmart replaced my battery for free, no questions asked, no receipt needed. 
Now I don't like Walmart.  I have great dislike of their hiring practices and some of their attitudes towards minority s.  I generally avoid using them if I can help it.  However in this case I must concede.  Car batteries at Walmart  are worth the money and the warranty.
Conversation this morning: "O shoot, I forgot to put the hood down on the {Elderly POS that hasn't run since 1998}truck."
"Maybe someone stole the {six year old ruptured cell }battery."
"God I hope so."
Anybody want a truck with a kludged flatbed on the back? the engine ran and passed emissions when we got it. The footless man would sell for $500.

No comments: