Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mild befuddlement

I have been knitting on the ugly socks with vim and fervor. This is not because I have even a creeping affection for them but because I want them over, done and off the needles.
This is an odd thing.
Normally, If I hate the yarn or the colors I will give the yarn to someone else no question.  This time I have kept on at them as if there was something important about finishing them and giving them away.  The giftee is ecstatic, she thinks that the color combination ( baby poop yellow plus mauve and aqua,  and Waaay too much baby poop at that) is beau-ti-ful.  Besides that nobody has given her socks and she hasn't ever knitted a pair for herself.
It's a good thing all around.
It sounds sad as I read this.  I am glad that she is getting something she wants and likes.  The odd part of making these is that I am putting a lot of work in these socks, and giving them to someone who loves them, and I don't like the socks at all or the person who is getting them much either.
I wonder what this about, really.

No comments: