Wednesday, January 12, 2011

one stitch short

The vest plods on.  After ripping and counting more times than I want to think, I located the problem.  I was off in my calculations by eight stitches, over and over.  Guess why?  It wasn't because I was counting during talking to someone else, or that I kept getting interrupted. I was off because my pattern repeat is 34 stitches and not 35.
This week my dear mum had surgery.  She is doing well, and due home tomorrow. I was more than a bit distracted and boggled up my stitch count on one vest repeat.  Oh well.
I am knitting along on a sock, something basic and brainless, " a comforting story for one in a tight place"  and managed to boggle turning a heel.  I worry with my hands and I seem to be more concerned than I realize, and I thought I was very worried.   I have tried to figure how many socks have come off my needles since last March.  Ok here it goes.
1 pastel easter egg horror
3 for me
3for  friends
1 for rachel
1 for step daughter
3 for son's sweety
2 for dad
2 for mom
1 for bro
1 for SIL
I think that's 18
Plus the one on the needles. 19
Then I look in my sock yarn box.  It looks just as full or even fuller than it did before I began working on knitting up the yarn in it.
somewhere something doesn't add up.  I may be a sock yarnaholic. Just one more skein, sock yarn doesn't count does it? 

No comments: