Sunday, May 9, 2010

All better now

The last month has been a downhill slide with an increasingly nonfunctional computer.  I eventually had to push the destructo button and reformat the damn thing. 
While it did work, it also deep sixed  a whole lot of useful things like my firewall, my word processing program, and the media player.
Yesterday the Erstwhile Child plus his dear one came up bearing education and gifts of software.  Thanks guys,  I love you both.
Today my reformatted, improved, stripped out, safely protected, fire walled and infinitely faster computer and I are getting re acquainted. 
I am going to have  to relearn a whole bunch of stuff. 
I hear that word 2007 is really different and I am just about to find out just what that means.
Mean while, this is mother's day and I feel that it is another commercial holiday over hyped for the benefit of the flower companies and the restaurant trade.
All the same,  this is my mom in her new socks.  She is a fine and intelligent upstanding woman who has had the courage to grab the opportunity to grow when it is presented.
I love her very much. And Mom? yes I will be making more socks for you.  Get in line.  There are a few people ahead.  Your turn is coming, don't fret I won't forget you.
Love, Your daughter.

No comments: