Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We are encountering turbulence please fasten your seatbelts

Dear Aunt Ruth,
I have not written in the past week because things really went sideways last wednesday and I haven't been able to write here.
 Mr Footless insisted that he must come home and did.  As you can guess over the last few posts I am experiencing severe caregiver burn out.  I found myself in panic and tears even at the thought of resuming my responsibilities, much less at the real life happening.  Things have been spiraling into chaos in the house as Mr. Footless has been going down hill.  I truly am unable to do this and my panic button was confirming it.  He telephoned me to inform me that He was coming home and I had absolutely no say about any of it.
 From a slight distance I thanked him for the news and stated that I would be sure to be gone when he got there.  Without the painful details I am staying with a friend while we wait to see how long it takes for Mr. Footless to be hospitalized.
Yesterday I was on the receiving end of communication that he was in dire straights and that the ambulance had been summoned.  This was in the middle of a massive traffic jam caused by the visit of the president who was coming to give a speech on campus.
I do not know what happened after that.
I am waiting on news.  I would quite like to know if it would be safe to go and get some things that I didn't pack like my socks and my bike I also know that I don't want any contact with Mr Footless, I am just too vulnerable.
I will write to you as I am able
love
Dances

No comments: