Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mr Footless is very sick

Mr Footless has been having a very hard day. In about another few minutes after I load and start the washer I am going to go in and torture him again.  Torture being the absolutely cruel and unusual act of getting a blood sugar so that I can either make him drink something slightly sweet or add a bit of insulin to the system.( It was insulin time)  So far he has been in the dumps (40) at 1 am through three thirty and vomiting regularly from 6 on.  The bed has been stripped and everything needs washing.  My concerns are dehydration and further insulin shock. Also He is bigger than me and if I need help who do I call?  Mean time  what time is it? it's washer time!

This is to add that Mr Footless was one hell of a lot sicker than I thought.
Shortly after I wrote the above I called the ambulance.  He didn't even know that he was being taken off to the hospital and is still somewhat out of it a day later.  Right now he has a working diagnosis of Encephalitis and is getting IV meds for bacteria,virus and fungus.  I am all in, and going to bed.

No comments: