Saturday, March 5, 2011

redirection and reboot

The Erstwhile Child suggested that I come down to visit.  First on Wednesday and then put off to today.  Now he is asking me to come down tomorrow.  While I am fairly flexible and I do love the guy, I get the feeling that he is not telling me what is going on and that something is.  
So I asked him to tell me what it was that he didn't want me to know.  After some heming and hawing on his part he admits that his ongoing health issue has required another med adjustment.  Well, I can understand that.  These thing happen.
What I have no idea about, is what the rules are for relating to my now grown up child.  The best I can do is to stand still and let him decide how close or far away he wants to be.  Right now he does not want me to see him in the middle of a med adjustment, OK.  So how do I be supportive with that?  I am not very skilled at operating without instructions in this case.  I hope he keeps me clued in.
I am going to do today what I would have done tomorrow, and go from there. 

No comments: