Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Noble sacrafice, and toasted mouse.

I am expecting a visit from my brother today.  he will be taking my gifts to him and his dear sweet wife home.

I knitted them both socks.  I took them to Tuesday night knit, and Jill took the picture.  The lace pattern is Print o the wave, and I am going to have to make at least one more pair with that pattern.  Those are my feet in them.  After I put them on I nearly cried, I wanted them myself.  I must make another pair later.

Toasted Mouse.
we had/have a mouse that moved in in the fall.  Michael no longer is a mouse deterrent.  It has been living behind the sink and building a cache of dried cat food up somewhere in there.  It was smart enough to avoid the traps set for it but I guess that it has come to a grisly end.
I got a call From the Footless Man while I was out at the knitters tea.  He asked me about the smell of burning wool.  Burning wool?  Not that I knew about.  Hmmmp.
When I got home I walked in the door and got hit with a really nasty burning protean smell.  So far as I can tell the mouse fell down the furnace vent and incinerated down there.  Every time the burner lights the smell floats throughout the house.  It's going to be a cold few days around here until I figure out how to extract the remains or it burns up.  I don't know which option I like less.  I think we will be using the wood stove a lot more around here.

No comments: