Thursday, January 30, 2014

va a con dios apartemente

Today was the next to the last day to have my apartment.  It has been emptied, cleaned, inspected, approved, the keys are turned in and the last pieces, the very last pieces are complete.
There is not so much as a scrap to tell anyone that I was ever there. Not  even a crumb.
Eleven months ago I was living with some very kind people who had opened their house and lives to me. To this day I can't tell them why I chose to set up on my own, I just knew that I needed fiercely to have my own space, my own bed, and a place where I could close the door and be there with myself.
  • I learned that I don't want to work in a galley kitchen, and that I can anyway.
  •  I learned that my natural way of being is much tidier than I thought, and that I can live in a small space if it is set up right.
  •  I know that I need my own chair, that a table to eat at isn't something I gravitate to, and that I like reading as I eat.
  •  I learned that I like living downtown, 
  •  I learned that having scattered responsibilities in too many places leaves me on the edge of insane.
 I lost my dad. My husband died. I am back in the house I left eighteen months ago. My responsibilities are still scattered but they are a lot less and a lot saner. Someday I may have a house closer to the center of old town, right now I have one hell of a mess to deal with here.
 But I Am Home
Bless that little apartment. Bless the affordable  rent. Bless the time I was there, it was a sane place in a crazy situation. I hope that whoever lives there next loves it too.


No comments: