Friday, June 11, 2010

Landing with a bounce

I got back Monday.  I can add a bit of wisdom to my store. 
  • Note to self, if you must spend a night in the San Fransisco Airport, 
  1. Dress warmly don't forget your purple fuzzy Ruana next time
  2. They close down the bathrooms at 11pm.
  3. The Nursery room is your best bet.
  4. 53 year old women don't do this as easily as they once did.
I am still digesting the workshop and what I learned there.  I have changed.
Small bits:
I do not need to be Normal
to be Whole.
You can't help someone when you need their approval.

My Brother and My sister in law are really nice people.  I felt welcomed, accepted and loved by them both.
My vision (The way I see things) is unique,  and it helps people heal.
Rachel Remen Said to me,
"You take things that are very dark, and your drawings let people laugh in recognition of themselves.  This is important."
I told my brother,
"sometimes the most important thing that an abused child needs to know is that the Monster is dead."
Being heard is healing.
Everything has a story, and we are our stories.
these are the socks that I knit for Rachel.  She tells me that her feet are always cold.
my brother took me on a tour of Marin county.  His weekends are precious, and he took the time to be with me.  Thanks General.

No comments: