Saturday, June 5, 2010

disturbances in the night

i was too sleepy this morning and forgot compleatly to talk about the 2AM visit by California's finest.  They were going door to door banging  on them and asking who was in the room, apologising and moving on to the next door, bang bang bang.
I got up before they got to my door and asked if I could help them.  They were entirely uninterested in middle aged ladies with hair that looked like a fright wig.  They finished  whatever they were doing and went away,  I went back to sleep.
 This morning I was talking to someone else who was at the confrence and staying  here , she told me that there was a girl who got abducted and they thought she might have been brought to this hotel.
Something tells me that this isn't the most  savory place I ever stayed in.
I am very glad that I am well past the age where I might be abducted for my feminine charms.
In sock news, I finished the socks for Rachel, and they fit.  She tried them on, and asked about their care.  It is a funny thing.  Sometimes I have a very hard time explaining that just because they are hand made does not mean that normal wash can't happen.  They are socks.  They need to be easy to wash.  I rarely make socks that need special care because I think that most people won't enjoy leaky dye or having to be that careful with them.  I love the two pairs of hand wash socks that I have but I don't much like washing them and I try not to do that to busy people.
Anyway, Rachel liked them and I can make her more now because I know how long to make them.
so there. end of soapbox.
Tomorrow I pull up my anchor and go have fun.  my first stop is a yarn shop just down the road.  Not very surprising that, what better souvenier than sock yarn.  Then I meet up with my big brother and he shows me about a bit.
Monday I go home again.  jiggety jog.

No comments: