Monday, August 18, 2014

updating and heading on



It has been a while here at the house of infinite surprise and frustration.  I have been working away with more or less success at the appointed tasks of getting the house shit together.
Among the things that has really bothered me is having pictures on the phone that I couldn't figure out how to upload to my computer.  Thanks to the erstwhile child I now know what one of the files is the one with my pictures,  I am now able to put some of the better explanatory ones up to be seen.
here then are some of the getting the house together pictures.  This is what I have been doing if you were wondering, with a whole lot of help from so many good people.
the pile from the back came to the front

things got thrown away, and thrown away and thrown away, 72 cubic yards of thrown away


junk got sorted, and sorted and sorted
and sorted and sorted and donated and sorted and....
cabinets got remade and replaced in  a better way      

laminate happened upstairs first.  I got the hang of saws here.

The overhead cabinet came down

Then it left.  See that thing in the right hand upper corner?
There it is in the place that I wanted it for years.
I want to say thanks to all of you who have carted, sorted, thrown, donated and stood in horrified fascination as the true enormity of the mess and task I was dealing with unfurled around us all.
Thank you also for giving me the time, space and strength to do much of it as I could myself.
Please bear in mind that much of the work including the laminate and the cabinet rebuilding were done by me with done with minor help for  lifting the other end of something like a counter. One of the things that I love is that I used to be the one who handed  the saw over. Now they are all my saws.
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. .

No comments: