Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In which I get a vacation whether I want it or not

Let's state the obvious.
the last few weeks have been stressful. very very stressful.  they have included steep learning curves.
finding out just how odd Mr Footless's metabolism is. broken sleep, emergency runs. and Mr Footless after too many insulin shocks where his cognitive ability has slipped.  I have been feeling voiceless and run down. as if I have to make unpopular choices and can't get them across in a way that states that I mean business.  So I have  laryngitis.  I can not make myself heard.  I have been struck dumb.
I rescheduled almost everyone and hunkered down for a day of silence, rest and reading.  All the connective tissue in my head swoll  up and it hurt to put on my glasses. Ah silence.
  the strange thing about it is that I have found a way to communicate with Mr Footless that  he can hear what I want to tell him and he doesn't block it out.  Mr Footless is beginning to understand just why text messages are a really good thing..  I lost my voice so that I could say what I needed to say and as a positive note Mr Footless has partly entered the newer communication age.  He can't send them but he can get them.

No comments: