Saturday, May 14, 2011

Preparing for next week

On Tuesday this coming week my colleague from N Dakota will be staying with me and we will be working together on some of the things that we have been developing over the last two years.
I am delighted to have him here.  At the same time there are some problems that I need to take care of.
One is the appalling problem created by Michael in my computer room that smells to high heaven.  I am wondering at this point if they make kitty Depends.  If they do, I am going to use them.   The other problem is the lack of stair rails making getting up and down the stairs somewhat dangerous.
Before we put up the rails that have been waiting for five years The footless man has decreed that the stairway must be painted.  OK says I and today I clomped into Home Despot and stood in front of the paint chip wall of desperation.  Of all the things that can cause angst like nothing else in the world, choosing a shade of white from all the shades of white that the decorators think must exist has to top the list.
I have found my answer to the issue.  Grab the first chip that looks vaguely right and get the paint before you think.  Clomp out with the paint and don't worry white is white is white. My personal white is called Vanilla cream.
I have made my list of what to do next.  I have assembled paint equipment, and cleaning equipment, and climbing equipment.  I have to go back and get rollers.  I need to find some pants that can die as paint pants.

I am all busy doing what I am doing and the Footless Man comes upon my industriousness.  First message he gives me: I am in insulin shock help.  Once he has his head straight he asks me what's all this.
I tell him that I am going to paint the stairway tomorrow. 
Oh? he says, Why?
I tell him that too.  Footless Man is all taken aback.  I think that he wanted to put off the stair rail thing and I proceeded on him.
Hmp

No comments: