Monday, October 12, 2015

Indulging in excess

Yesterday I overdid.  In fact this entire weekend I overdid.  It started on Friday when I dropped everything at a moments notice to go dancing, knowing that I was also going dancing Saturday and had to provide snacks for the dance as well as doing my normal Saturday things.  So come Sunday  I had this day all planned in my head, that included cleaning up the kitchen and homework and building food for the rest of the week.  Then I got a text from Bestie.  she has been my friend for multi many years and had just got back from a trip to Italy. So instead of the quiet day doing things I needed to do for a calm week, I did do the kitchen cleanup mostly, and the rest of the day was spent in exercise. 
First I biked over to Bestie's house. Then we went on a hike up some lovely foothill country including a time sitting looking out over the next ridges and watching a hawk playing on the wind and hovering motionless until he would get bored and swoop and rise and find another  place to sit motionless with the wind holding him up.  We got back to her place, and I headed on. 
The ride back made me realize that I had not eaten in a long time and so I decided to detour  and hit the fish taco stand for a fast dinner.  I texted Sound guy these plans and we decided to meet up and do taco stand and eating together.  He was coming up from his place, and when I hit downtown  He was still a ways out so I decided to ride down along his route and meet him. 
two miles south, we meet up, and ride back together talking about what did we really want to eat.  We ended up at a pizza by the slice place.  After eating we were neither one ready to head back home.
So we went riding back up the  river trail another two miles, before heading down and towards my house. 
I would expect to be feeling like I had been hit by a truck after that much exercise.  I don't,  I am ever so slightly sore.
Four years ago I was extremely sedentary  as Mr Footless was failing and becoming more and more unstable.  I have physically transformed over the last three years.  I have my self, my strong energetic self back. 
I am so glad to see me again.

No comments: