Friday, April 17, 2015

Thinking about summer

It is time to register for summer classes. I am not sure that I want to, at the same time I need to not waste any time. 
I feel much more confident, I have done relatively well in my classes. Much to my surprise considering the way the class has kicked my behind I am doing very well in the art class.  CAD continues to be a challenge, but since the teacher has been very kind about helping me by walking me through and sitting on her hands to not help, I am learning the huge pig of a program.  My eye hand coordination and my memory bank of things I understand is growing daily.
 I think that I kind of know what my direction should be.  I think that 3D printing is my direction and right now I am thinking about how to aim at the next tree, which tree in the forest in the direction of 3D printing is my next tree?
This afternoon I will be headed in to talk to the course advisers and pick my tree. I am beginning to think I may be able to do this thing.  Want to know the funny thing? I am expending all this effort, struggling and learning  and moving ahead, and in reality, I don't really care.  I have  no passion for this work. I don't hate it, don't love it, I know that the jobs and money will be in this direction, so I am going there and my basic feeling is Meh.
My passion has always been for the healing, for  changing  the outcomes in peoples lives.  I just don't want to earn my living this way.
So this training will  earn my living and I don't take it from my gut.  Good enough.

No comments: