Friday, July 20, 2012

Naming the thing

Mr Footless and I were having a talk the other day and I looked at him and asked him how much time he thought he might still have on this earth.  He kind of Hems and Haws and then says "two or three years, why do you ask?"  I looked him in the eye and told him that I have been getting a really strong feeling that he doesn't have all that long.  I told him that I got the feeling that he had a matter of less than a year.
We dropped the subject.  Later He walked in to the kitchen and asked me," what if I have more time than you think?" I said "Then we have things in order and we know what is going on."
Mr. Footless grunted and walked off.
Just in case you are not aware, Mr Footless is getting frail.  His memory is getting more and more fugitive.  He has had a few troubling episodes with confusion.  If any of you who read this have history that you need to talk to him about, or things that you need to say, You need to do it sooner rather than later.
Meanwhile Mr Footless is working hard on getting things in order, and moving things around.  As I said, If we have more time than My anxious sense tells me, things will be in order and that will make living that much easier.

No comments: