Saturday, June 16, 2012

painting in the zip lock age

The paint in the room is drying, a sort of leftover mint green on the south and vanilla ice cream on the east, north, and west.
My understanding of the art/slog of painting a room has added a few things to my cleanup technique and therefore my willingness to do the actual job itself.  My biggest piece of reluctance to do it has been the problem of needing to do things in bits and the nastiness of uncleaned up paint when you only have half an hour to devote to it.  Meet my new painting friend, the gigungus zip lock bag.  Ziplock now makes three gallon bags, almost big enough to put a body in prior to hiding it in the freezer for resurrection later.  They are actually big enough to put an entire roller pan of paint in.  You put the brush all wet with paint into the gallon one and the roller pan plus roller in the three gallon one and seal it all up.  Then when you have another half hour to spend, out it comes for the time you need and then back it goes.  The final cleanup is the only cleanup and you take the gallon zips and seal the rollers in them and throw the works away.  My next thought is using a bag in the roller pan itself....  I think I am on to something.
the to do list:
clean up floor
 put ladders away
vacuum floor
put down padding
find u tube on laying laminate flooring
study u tube
get batteries charged in small saw
set up sawing station
lay floor

No comments: