Thursday, June 21, 2012

just one more

I have been assembling the laminate floor, something that would take a contractor about four hours to do and will take me the rest of the week because if you have only bits and pieces of time to devote to it it goes slowly.
Assembling laminate is actually fun.  You put the pieces together and get the row lined up. then you tilt it on edge and slide it into the gap. After carefully and gently tapping it as together as you can it will suddenly line up and slip into place and drop.  It takes three large whops with a rubber hammer to settle it in and you can't tell where the seams are.  Then you go off to get some more and to measure and cut the short one.  and then one more and ...
I am fortunate to have a wee power saw that is battery run and small enough for me to handle. I can cut the pieces to fit with it and I'm doing pretty well.   It usually runs out of juice the same time that I do.  So we recharge on approximately the same schedule.  Saw's recharging and I take a rest that I didn't know I needed.
I am up to the closet on the next set of cuts and that will be tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight. 

No comments: