Monday, October 8, 2012

A resting place on the road

dear Aunt Ruth,
this is a day to take a breath and then get on with whatever life has in store for me next.
I have moved on from my  one friend's house.  I spent an uncomfortable few days living in my office, Something that Dad thought might be a good idea.  Trust me, sleeping in a Doctor's office has a lot in the down side. Like scaring the cleaning crew who likewise scared the heck out of me by popping into my room and turning on the overhead light at 2 AM.  Massage tables are not good places to get a great night's sleep.  They are high, hard and creak loudly when you turn over.
This week I am staying with another good friend while her spouse is out of town.  This has been planned for a long time, so it was on the schedule no matter what had happened.  I am very grateful for the shelter, She has been a good friend for a long time.
I still feel very sad.  I realize that I am deeply homesick for Mr Footless as he was in the past.  He has not been the person that I miss for a long time, and when we are in contact I keep looking at him and wondering "who are you, and what did you do with my husband?"
I also miss a house that I wanted and never had. 
Mr Footless is not doing well. I think that managing on his own is more difficult than he would admit.
Among the things he has offered me as (I think) some sort of bait to come home is the great privilege of cleaning out the refrigerator.  Just so long as I leave his Mountain Dew alone.  Oh and he wants to pass judgement on what gets thrown out. 
I pass.
I have no real idea what my next housing solution will be.  My good friend is enjoying my presence here.  She has mentioned negotiating rent and having me stay for a more extended length of time.  Time will tell.
Say hello to Uncle Bill and Uncle Jim and tell them I miss them.
Dances

No comments: